Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Drunk

I think my exhaustion is reaching new levels.  It’s like my body threw the “bypass agency” lever and now starts to function without my consent.  


I woke up this morning with a headache, and a confused look on my face wondering, what did I do last night?  I knew I was up late with baby Sloane, but I couldn’t remember exactly what, when or where.  I was so confused.  Rachel, who thankfully keeps it together when she is sleep deprived, started asking me the usual questions, and I knew when I sat down to feed Sloane, but I couldn’t conjure the smallest of memories from after that.  


I remember waking up in our big cozy chair at one point wondering why I was sitting in the chair with Slaone, and not in bed, I think I looked at the clock, but couldn’t figure out how to read the big and little hands, I think I thought I was crazy for not being in bed not realizing I was most likely feeding Sloane at the time.  


But then my mind starts racing, I was supposed to take the trash out, did I?  Did I change Sloane’s diaper?  I had to fix some photos, did I even start those?  Then the fear.  That dream about using the trash can as a bathroom, please just be a dream.  


So whatever my plan was for getting anything done last night, well apparently it was changed, but totally worth it.

No comments: